....................

....................

lundi 5 mars 2012

MALAGASY PERSONAL PRONOUNS




THE MALAGASY PERSONAL PRONOUNS

Miasa aho/ianao /isika/ianareo/ izy ireo/
I/you/we/they work
Miasa izy: he/she works
Miasa aho/ianao/isika/ianareo/izy ireo?
Do I/you/we/you/they work?
Miasa izy?
Does he/she work?

With the question word VE: is it? On top of the real question about the action, there is a very slight insinuation: is it true? is it really so? which is to be understood only according to the circumstances.

Miasa ve aho/ianao/isika/ianareo/izy ireo?
Do I/you/we/you/they?
Miasa ve izy?
Does she/he work?

" ry zareo" (these they*) is the familiar personal pronoun for "Izy ireo" .
Miasa izy ireo. Miasa ve izy ireo?= Miasa ry zareo. Miasa ve ry zareo?

====””=====

THE MALAGASY INDIRECT OBJECT PRONOUNS

The indirect object pronouns for persons

Teneno ahy ny marina.
Tell me the truth.
Omeko anao ny valiny.
I give you the answer.
Leo azy aho.
I’m fed up of him/ her.
Hilaza antsika ny momba izany izy.
They will tell us about it.
Nanda anay ny olona.
People denied us.
Miteny anareo ny marina aho.
I am telling you the truth.
Omeko azy ireo ny vola.
I will give them the money.